Thursday 25 April 2013

Macro Photos...without the macro lens.

Hello hello,

I was a bit bored today and was playing around with my camera when I remembered reading about a technique to take close-up shots without having a macro lens.
I tried it and I was quite happy with the result, and it was fun!

 
 

So the method is to take off the lens and turn it around. You have to hold the lens against the camera as it doesn't click on backwards. And voila! shoot away and play around to see different methods.

I find these pictures look very arty. I don't think you'd get good close-up pictures of insects and that but it's fun being able to get closer :)
Since the lens isn't attached, the camera doesn't allow me to change the aperture which is constantly on 00. This is why the pictures are quite blurry, but I find it gives a lovely dreamy look to them.

Here are some pictures of how close I can normally get with the lens put on correctly on the camera:

 

As you can see, my prime 50mm lens doesn't allow me to get too close. With a zoom lens, you could get much closer I am sure.

The only problem with this method is that it can let in a lot of dust on the sensor. I was a bit worried about that at first but then I just did it and I don't see too much dust on it.

Well there you go! I learn something new every day :) I'm definitely going to take more in the next days.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Oh! mais c'est génial cette méthode (bon c'est vrai que j'ai un peu peur pour la poussière) !! et le résultat est super joli ! :)))

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover