Monday 14 January 2013

Photoshop Quick Tip: getting rid of unwanted object(s)

 
 
 
Hello everyone!
Today I took a picture of my cat threw my window when she was begging for food again :)
Strangely, she stared at the camera for a few seconds which gave me time to take her picture. It's great cause she's a cat that moves a lot.
So I loaded it up to my computer only to remember that there was the thermometer in the way. Having received the new photoshop cs6 only a week or two ago, I'm still learning all the new buttons and options that didn't exist on photoshop 7.
 
I wanted to share with the new photoshoppers out there, a method to get rid of something unwanted in the background of a picture: here it being a thermometer.
 
So here is Kitty, my little chubby cat:
 
 
 
So let's start!
 
1. Open your picture in Photoshop :)
 
2. Select the Marquee tool or the Lasso tool (on the left tools bar)
 
3. select the object
4. Select edit > fill
 
5. Now you can select the "contents" you want in the drop down box thingy but I just select "Content-aware"
Mode:normal
Opacity: 100%
 
 
And voila!
 
Here is my photo of Kitty after these steps in Photoshop:

 
 
So that was my Photoshop Quick Tip of the day! Keep in mind that this is the way I do it and that it's in no way the only way to do it.
 
Thank you for reading and I wish everyone a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Hiii ! That's an excellent tip, thank you dearest :))))

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover