Thursday 21 March 2013

A few pictures from the house...

As you might know from the last post I wrote, I am currently an "au pair" in Ireland. I'm sort of living in the family's house, and since I didn't take pictures with my lovely canon for a while, I decided to take pictures of little objects from here and there in the house.
There isn't any logical order or anything in my pics, I'm just posting little things or decorations I like.

But before I show them, I'm first showing you a hairstyle I had to make this morning. Indeed, "Henrietta" (nickname I'm giving for the girl I'm babysitting) has a anti-racisme day at school today and dressed up in traditional Singapore clothes. With that she wanted a bun with those chop sticks inside them. I'm not a great hairdresser :P but I think I did alright. What do you think?


 

So there you have the back of the head of Henrietta. I'm obviously not going to post any pictures of her here in case someone could recognize her AND she has no clue that I have a blog anyway.

Well, here are the photos I took this afternoon:

 
 
 
These photos were taken in my bedroom. When I first arrived here, Henrietta said she had put these up so that I wouldn't feel homesick :)
 
 
 
Henrietta has so many toys it's unbelievable! You can barely walk into her room and it's always dark in there cause too many boxes of toys are blocking the way to the window.
 
These are the new barbies apparently. I remember having a couple of barbies, maybe 6 maximum. But she has 17 of these dolls! They're strange dolls and don't represent humans; they are zombies, werewolves, vampires,etc.
 
 
 
 
 Something I see everyday on the fridge. It's kind of a moral thing which I'm not surprised since they have so many morals here. Henrietta for example nearly never goes to her friends house who lives across the street because the parents curse a little bit, so it's not "a good environnement for children". This is Henrietta who said this herself. I was like, ok, when I was 9 I never thought of these things. So her friend has to come over to this house then. You might see that she has a tendency to be...let's say bossy.


 
This is the dog, she's very cute and gentle but it's sad that all she does all day is hang around in the tiny garden. She's bored out of her head so I bring her on walks when I can but it's not always easy with the rain and the cold.
 
 
 
One of the shoes Henrietta was meant to wear today but didn't since it's way too cold outside.
 
 
The wardrobe that's been lying like this for a few weeks now. I'm not suppose to touch it cause Jill has a plan in her head and knows exactly how to build it. Yet, it's been weeks she's saying that she will build it. Not done yet.
 

And a photo of myself. This dressing gown was a gift from my aunt. She gave it to me when I arrived in Ireland and I am soo happy she did cause the weather is so horrible here and Jill doesn't want to put on the heating (cause it's "very expensive").

So that was my little post. I hoped you liked it and I must go soon pick up Henrietta from school and run after her to clean up everything she messes and dirties. Life is great :D!
Hope to write a new post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover